Re: Plotting Colors for Missing Values

From: David Reusch <dbr_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:40:28 -0400

Hello,

I seem to be having the same "wrong colors for missing values" problem
reported earlier this week, only the fix based on
cnMissingValFillPattern and cnMissingValFillColor does not fix my
plots. I expect white everywhere except on the Antarctic continent
since all those points are _FillValues. Instead I always get colors
like in the image below (and I have tried lots of color tables as well
as explicitly adding White to the color table).

My files can be found at http://www.geosc.psu.edu/fetch.php?file=75. To
reproduce the output, use "ncl 'cntrs=(/0,500,50/)' plot_amsr.ncl" to
match my contours.

I am running ncl 5.1.0 on Mac OS 10.5.6.

Thanks!
Dave

--
517 Deike Building