Re: CellFill and Irregular grids

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:37:34 -0600

Hi Carl,
There is a way to get "CellFill" (or non-smoothed "RasterFill") mode
plots to
show the full cells at the boundaries of the plots. You can provide
coordinates as
cell edges rather than as cell centers by specifying coordinate
arrays that have one
more value than the number of data points along each axis. However,
it is slightly more
complicated because NCL variables cannot have such arrays as part of
their
metadata. So what you need to do is eliminate the coordinate arrays
attached to
the variables and instead set the resources sfXArray and sfYArray
directly.

I am attaching a modified version of your script that achieves this
in the first
frame.

Regarding the use of irregular axes, an irregular coordinate axis
will never work if 2
elements have the same value. This violates the essential condition
that the
values be monotonically increasing or decreasing.
  -dave