Error with the print command

From: John Allen <johnterrallen_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:26:57 +1000

Hi,
For some reason when I am attempting to operate the print command I recieve
the following error:

print (tenv)
warning:Error Forking pager check PAGER environment variable and restart,
continuing using "more"
fatal:Error Forking pager again, check PATH environment variable, can't
continue

I have had a look through the archives and found one suggestion to reset the
PAGER variable, however im not sure how to go about this, or if this indeed
would solve the problem.

Now this is not just an item on some isolated variable, and applies to
anything I try to print, the above being drawn from
ncl 19> f = addfile("reganal.meso_laps_pt125.1101.00.nc", "r")
ncl 20> sigma = f->lvl
ncl 21> psfc = f ->sfc_pres (time | 0, lat | :, lon | :)
ncl 22> penv= pres_sigma(sigma,psfc)
ncl 23> qenv = f ->mix_rto (time | 0, lvl | :, lat | :, lon | :)
ncl 24> tenv = f->air_temp (time | 0, lvl | :, lat | :, lon | :)
ncl 25> print (tenv)
warning:Error Forking pager check PAGER environment variable and restart,
continuing using "more"
fatal:Error Forking pager again, check PATH environment variable, can't
continue

Now what is particularly strange is that the following command does work:
ncl 26> printVarSummary (tenv)
Variable: tenv
Type: float
Total Size: 33408000 bytes
            8352000 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [lvl | 29] x [lat | 480] x [lon | 600]
Coordinates:
            lvl: [0.05..0.9988]
            lat: [-55..4.875]
            lon: [95..169.875]
Number Of Attributes: 5
  grid_type : spatial
  level_type : sigma
  long_name : air temperature
  units : K
  accum_type : instantaneous
But no other of the print commands does.

Any help as to why this is happening or a correction would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John