Re: reading excel filesd in NCL

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Nov 29 2009 - 20:50:31 MST

On a related note, we had one person who use the Excel "export"
function to export the file as an ASCII text file with delimiters.
You can then use "str_get_field" to retrieve the columns of interest.

See the "pw.dat" example at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/read_ascii.shtml

There are other useful examples on this page for dealing with various
kinds of ASCII files.

--Mary