Re: How to enable user specified types of output

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 09:39:13 MST

Check out the NCL command line options. This allows you to set NCL
variables on the NCL command line, with something like:

    ncl 'output="ps"' contour=1 script.ncl

The above effectively creates a string variable called "output" and
an integer variable called "contour" which you can reference in your
NCL script like real variables.

At the beginning of "script.ncl", you can test to see if these
variables were set on the command line. If not, then you can give
them default values.

For example, in "script.ncl":

   if (.not.isvar("contour")) then
     contour = 0
   end if
   if (.not.isvar("output")) then
     output = "x11"
   end if

You can set up a shell script to invoke NCL with these command line
options.

For more information, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclCLO.shtml

--Mary