Can get1Dindex find repeat values?

From: Bridget Thrasher <bthrasher_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 15:48:47 MDT

I am getting an error when using the get1Dindex function, and I'm not sure
why:

These lines of code:

printVarSummary(doy20cf)
printVarSummary(doybuff)
ii = get1Dindex(doy20cf,doybuff)

Give me this:

Variable: doy20cf
Type: integer
Total Size: 14612 bytes
            3653 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [3653]
Coordinates:

Variable: doybuff
Type: integer
Total Size: 124 bytes
            31 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [31]
Coordinates:

fatal:Dimension sizes on right hand side of assignment do not match
dimension sizes of left hand side
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 1083 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 140 in file BCDaily.ncl

There are repeat values in doy20cf (0-364 repeated many times), so that
get1Dindex should find the 31 numbers of interest (doybuff) approximately 10
times each. Could that be causing the problem?

-Bridget

--
Bridget Thrasher, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher