Panel plot NDC placement

From: <Oliver.Fuhrer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 01:45:48 MDT

Dear NCL team,

I am trying to place a panel plot at a certain position in the NDC
coordinate space. This is possible, but rather cumbersome using
gsnPanelDebug and then the gsnPanelXF and gsnPanelYF resources. All I
really want to do, is simply left-align the full panel plot.

I've thus introduced a new resource gsnPanelLeftAlign which modifieds
the gsn_panel code in gsn_code.ncl in the following way...

    if(panel_center)
      xsp = xrange - new_total_width*new_ncols ; space before plots.
    else
      xsp = xrange - new_total_width*ncols ; space before plots.
    end if
    if(panel_leftalign)
      xsp = 0.
    end if

Which allows me to do what I want in a very simple way (see attached
plots). Any chances of having some alignement options in the official
NCL version of the gsn_panel code?

Cheers,
Oli

Oliver Fuhrer
Numerical Models

Federal Departement of Home Affairs FDHA
Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss

Kraehbuehlstrasse 58, P.O. Box 514, CH-8044 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel. +41 44 256 93 59
Fax +41 44 256 92 78
oliver.fuhrer@meteoswiss.ch
www.meteoswiss.ch - First-hand information