Re: Trouble in Contour Effects

From: ChenFeng <fengfengabc003_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 17:36:33 MDT

Hi,Saji,

  Thanks for your help. I have done as what you said. However, I met two questions.
1. the first and second contours overlaped and the color always show white in the plot.
2. I do overlay with "wrf_map_overlays", so the second contour's description will display
    at the topleft corner of the plot. how to delete it?

Thanks again!

ChenFeng
2010-09-04

======== 2010-09-03 15:32:29 您在来信中写道: ========

You will have to do this in two steps.

1. Plot your data as usual, after setting res@gsnDraw=False, res@gsnFrame=False
2. Apply settings of interest to the specific contour line that you want

    res2=True
    res2@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
    res2@cnLevels = the_contour_level_of_interest
    res2@cnLineThicknessF=thickness
    res2@cnLineColor = color
    res2@gsnFrame=False
    res2@gsnDraw=False
    second_plot=gsn_csm_contour(wks,data,res2)
    overlay(plot, second_plot)

     draw(plot)
     frame(wks)

Hope it helps,