Re: Modifying latitude/lontitude width in MapPlot

From: ChenFeng <fengfengabc003_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2011 - 19:36:07 MST

Hi, Leung Samuel,

 Maybe you can try "vpWidthF" and "vpHeightF" with setting mapShapeMode="FreeAspect".

    please see the example http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/viewport_6.ncl

good luck!

ChenFeng
2011-01-04

======== 2011-01-04 09:59:05 您在来信中写道: ========

Hi,

I am making a plot with customizable LatLon corners with the help of mpLimitMode resources (set to "Corners"). I noticed NCL self-defines the axis width/height and sometimes I get a "narrow" image. The attached image is an example that, the lontitude axis is much wider than desired.

I tried to fix this with gsnMajorLatSpacing but it seems it is not a correct one (I got "warning:gsnMajorLatSpacing is not a valid resource in test_vector at this time")

Is there any resource attribute to do this? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Samuel Leung