Re: streamfunction

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2011 - 12:01:02 MST

There is no built in function for computing stream function
or velocity potential for a limited region. This requires
using a relaxation methodology. The input would be
relative vorticity.

See:
Monthly Weather Review: 1986, Vol. 114, No. 8, pp. 1547–1551.

Computation of the Streamfunction and Velocity Potential and
Reconstruction of the Wind Field

S.J. Bijlsma, L.M. Hafkenscheid, and Peter Lynch

Good luck