Re: Zoom-in drawing from WRF

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 11:11:58 MST

Hi Samuel,

When you set the tfDoNDCOverlay resource to True, you are telling NCL that
the contours should be overlaid exactly on whatever map projection you set up.
No lat/lon information is given to indicate where the contours should be overlaid
on the map; instead, NCL basically lines up the contour plot with the map plot as is.

If you zoom in on the map, then, NCL will overlay the contours to fit the zoomed
area, because that's what you are telling it to do when you set tfDoNDCOverlay to True.

What needs to happen is to *not* set tfDoNDCOverlay to True, and to include the 2D lat/lon
coordinates with the contour plot, so that NCL knows where to properly overlay the
contours on the zoomed in map. This might be a bit tricky with the wrf_xxxx functions

I can help with this if you can upload your script and data file to ftp.cgd.ucar.edu that would help:

    ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
    <log in as "anonymous">
    <Use email address as password>
    cd incoming
    put <your files>
    quit

I'll need to know the exact name of the files in order to retrieve them.

Thanks,

--Mary