Re: Which regrid function to use

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 09:34:01 MST

rectilinear grids:

If the variables to be plotted are spatially correlated
[eg: temperatute, slp, ...) then use linint2 [linint2_Wrap].
The missing values (ie, _FillValue) will be maintained.

If the variable is (say) hourly/daily precipitation then
area_hi2lores [area_hi2lores_Wrap]. Please see the foOption
"critpc"

Good Luck

On 01/28/2011 08:52 AM, Gina Henderson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have data that is not global but is in a gridded format at 0.01 x 0.01
> degree resolution. Which regridding function would be best to use if I
> wish to convert it to 0.05 x 0.05 or 0.1 x 0.1 degree resolution? Some
> of the data include missing value flags that I would need to be
> preserved through the regridding process.
>
> I remember there used to be a "regridding flow chart" available on the
> NCL website but I couldn't find it. Is it now outdated?

> Thanks, Gina.

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |