Wrapit created shared object no longer working

From: <Maurice.McHugh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2011 - 12:12:43 MST

Dear all,

Since I upgraded to NCL v 5.2.1 (from the 5.1 version IIRC) I can no longer successfully run external fortran code generated by WRAPIT. I have the code in a sharded object referenced by the NCL_DEF_LIB_DIR env variable.

The function now gives a return value (of type character): 0x80, instead of the expected float.

Anyone have clues on how I get that code working again within NCL?

Many thanks,

Maurice