Re: Map in Lambert-Conformal projection

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 09:05:51 MST

Hi,

I believe the issue is that Lambert-Conformal projections are parameterized by i) a central meridian, and ii) 2 standard parallels; the defaults are not appropriate for Brazil. I added these resources and got the attached plot:

  res@mpLambertParallel1F = -25.
  res@mpLambertParallel2F = -5.
  res@mpLambertMeridianF = -50

Those values are just a guess at what might be appropriate/customary for Brazil; there's likely a set of conventions used for national mapping projects.

Hope that helps....
Rick