writing a newly created variable to a newly created netcdf file

From: Madeleine Patterson <madeleine.patterson77_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2011 - 10:15:02 MST

Hi ncl-talkers,

I'm trying to calculate an annual and seasonal means of a variable, then
write this new variable to a new netcdf file, but my script is just not
working. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks, M

all_files = systemfunc("ls /model-out.199*")

fall = addfiles(all_files1,"r") ; all the files are read into the temp file
'fall'

ListSetType(fall,"cat")

tref_all = fall[:]->TREF

tref_annmean = month_to_annual(tref_all,1)

system("/bin/rm -f tref_annmean.nc","r")
ncdf = addfile("tref_annmean.nc","c")
ncdf->tref_annmean <-- how do I write this line?