Re: Help on label bar on Land Use map

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 14:38:01 MST

Hi Xin,
Take a look at example #4 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml#ex4

A few things to note:

1) You do need to set lbLabelAlignment:
   res@lbLabelAlignment = "BoxCenters" ; label orientation

2) The number of labels must be one more than the number of contour levels:
    res@cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"
    res@cnLevels = ispan(2,13,1)
    res@lbLabelStrings = (/"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8",\
         "9","10","11","12","13"/)

Make sure you are doing 2) above. Note that in the above example code
the "1" label will get placed in the color representing all those areas
less than 2, the "2" label will get placed in the color representing
those areas greater than or equal to 2 and less than 3, etc... Make sure
the results are what you would expect...

Good luck,
Adam