Re: Netcdf-4.1.1: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2011 - 11:39:06 MST

Hi Pier,

This question is really more appropriate for the NetCDF folks, as this is not an NCL issue.

The error is telling you close to what the problem is: it either can't find the HDF5 library or there is something wrong with it. It looks like you might have at least a partial HDF5 installation, because it found the HDF5 include files okay.

The error also tells you to look at the "config.log" file. Please do this, and look for the "checking for H5Fflush" section. You will probably see some error messages shortly after that, and hopefully from those, you'll be able to figure out what the problem is. You may also want to look at the "config.log" from your HDF5 build to make sure it went okay.

When you built HDF5, did you run the "make test" to make sure it is working properly?

If you continue to have problems building NetCDF, then go here for support information:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html#Reporting-Problems

Good luck,

--Mary