Re: Contour Overlay

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 09:16:54 MST

On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:24 PM, fengxy wrote:

> Hi Mary,
> Thank you very munch for your help. Now, the 500mb heights can overlay on terrain.
> I also have some minor problem:
> 1. The line color of heights set "Blue", but it shows "Black".
This is because you've chosen a color map that has no blue in it, "sunshine_9lev".

You can add blue to this color map with:

   NhlNewColor(wks,0.,0.,1.0)

but you would also need to set:

  tres@gsnSpreadColorEnd = -2

so that the new blue color is not used in your contour colors.

> 2. How can I turn off the subtitles of terrain map, not the line contour.

I don't know how to turn off the left title that wrf_contour creates. It seems to be hard-coded. I've CC'ed wrfhelp@ucar.edu for this one.

--Mary