Re: Problems using month_to_annual() function

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2011 - 14:10:17 MST

> What does the (0) Number missing statement refer to?

When NCL prints a line, it provides the subscript(s) of the
values being printed. NCL subscripts begin at 0.

   nmsg = num(ismissing(x))

nmsg is a scalar or it can be viewed as
an array of length 1.

---
When you do
print ("Number missing = " + num(ismissing(temp_mod1_all)))
This creates a temporary variable of length 1 and type string. Think
    s = "Number missing = " + num(ismissing(temp_mod1_all))
    print(s)
---
You have 3,144,960 missing values.