Re: ncl-talk Digest, Vol 88, Issue 33

From: zilore mumba <zmumba_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2011 - 07:46:14 MDT

Assistance sought,
Being new to ncl, I am still learning to use the documentation. I have a data
file in NetCdf format. I tried to make a contour plot using native_2.ncl. I have
defined as in the code snippet below my variable p and lon ,lat. I get the error
"either file (f1) isn't defined or the variable (lat) is not a variable in the
file".
What is the correct way to do it?
Assistance will be appreciated.
Zilore

;*****************************************************
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
begin
 f1 = addfile("pmer.nc","r")
 p=f1->p
 lat  = p->lat