Re: Vapor Pressure and Saturated Vapor Pressure

From: jrbuzan <jbuzan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 20:36:38 MDT

Thanks for the reply.

I am attempting to calculate PenPan from variables in CLM.
Of many variables for PenPan, two I need are: Vapor Pressure and
Saturated Vapor Pressure
but I have yet to find a function in NCL that will calculate them.

My approach was to use the code from the Relhum function. However,
when I search through the 'contributed.ncl' file, the only calculation
I can find for Relhum was with dew point temperature (I do not have
dew point). Yet, the Relhum function calls Pressure, Temperature, and
Mixing Ratio.

I am also checking my work by understanding how NCL contributed
calculates Relhum (I am using Relhum for other processes), as I am
trying to learn how NCL calculates its functions.

Thank you,

-Jonathan