Re: Pressure to height and Potential Temp calculation

From: <sbasu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2011 - 18:18:04 MDT

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have one more question which I faced when
calculating potential temperature. It will be really helpful if somebody
can show me some way out of this problem.
When I applied these and after getting potential temperature I calculated
vertical gradient of potential temperature with "center_finite_diff_n" I
ended up with negative values at some points and as it is a CAM output it
could not have negative vertical potential temperature gradient.

Is it possible that this is coming due to interpolation of pressure levels
while converting from sigma levels ? or it may be the differentiation?
I am attaching the script but it is little bit long.

Thanks,
Soumik

--
Soumik Basu