Re: Weird Problem

From: Hobbs, Will R (3244-CalTech) <William.R.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 12:25:38 MDT

Because center finite differencing is based on data either side of the output gridpoint, you effectively lose all data at the topographic boundary when using the uv2dv_cfd function; that's why the apparent mask is different for the divergence plot. If you want to keep the mask the same, then you can set the 'boundOpt' argument in the function to 2 (see the function documentation).

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/uv2dv_cfd.shtml

Will