How to use App Resource

From: ³¢Īg²[ <suhan.kuo_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 02 2011 - 18:33:52 MDT

 Dear NCL

I am currently developing a GRApher-system for Central Weather
Bureau(Taiwan) in GRApher team. We woul'd like to apply the appResource and
appFileSuffix into NCL programs.
But no matter how hard We have tried, it did not work only if we give the
same name of appClass and resource file, which shows below as example:

1. The failed command:
    the app object I created:
    app_object = create "appid" appClass defaultapp
           "appUsrDir" : "./"
           "appDefaultParent" : True
           "appFileSuffix" : ".res"
           "appResources" : "hlures"
    end create
    at the same directory I have "hlures.res" file

2. The succeed command
    the app object I created:
     app_object = create "appid" appClass defaultapp
           "appUsrDir" : "./"
           "appDefaultParent" : True
    end create
    at the same directory I have "appid.res" file

The main difference between case 1 and case 2 is the naming of the file with
suffix called ".res"
If the name of app_object I created and ".res" file are the same then It can
work like case 2.
But if the names are different then it can not work even though I applied
the "appFileSuffix" and "appResources" as case 1.

What went wrong with the commands? Why the appResource and appFileSuffix did
not work?

Can anyone help me to solve the problem mentioned above? We are really
appreciated that!

Your sincerely
International Integrated Systems, Inc. (IISI)
Public Utility Service Department 1/
Meteorology Informatics Business Division
Engineer Shuhan
suhan.kuo@iisigroup.com