X Axis Labels

From: Cory Wolff <cwolff_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 01 2011 - 16:15:40 MDT

Hi all,
I'm having a problem getting labels on the x-axis of a plot to show up.
My data have time along the x-axis and height along the y-axis so I set
the coordinates as those arrays of values. When I print the variable
I'm trying to plot it appears that my coordinates have been set up
correctly as I get the following output:
Variable: ref
Type: float
Total Size: 4816000 bytes
            1204000 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [lev | 500] x [time | 2408]
Coordinates:
            lev: [9.836..49092.44]
            time: [14:04:13..19:39:34]
Number Of Attributes: 5
  valid_time : 20050216
  missing_value : -500
  units : dBZ
  long_name : Reflectivity
  _FillValue : -500

My time is formatted as HH:MM:SS and maybe that is causing a problem.
I'm using gsn_csm_contour to plot ref and have tried messing around with
tmXBMode to no avail. If I set it as "Explicit" it tries to plot all
2408 tick marks and labels and then gives an error when it reaches 256.
When tmXBLabelStride is set it appears to ignore my labels altogether.
If I leave it as "Automatic" then it labels the axis nicely, but with
values from 0 to 2400 with labels every 400 values. How can I get my
times to show up along the bottom where I want them? The height values
on the y-axis show up fine with no problems so I must be doing something
wrong with the x-axis labels and/or values. Thanks.

Cory