Re: i dont have libgfortran.so.1

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jul 09 2011 - 18:18:21 MDT

On Jul 7, 2011, at 2:43 PM, Micah Sklut wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> Are my ncl scripts and .so files compiled with the fortran wrapper
> going to be backwards compatible with the latest 6.0.0 version?

NCL scripts should be compatible, unless you are hard-coding missing
values in a way that could cause problems, or if you are dependent on
the "byte" type being unsigned.

Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml#MissingValueChangeGotchas6.0.0

for possible "gotchas" in dealing with hard-coded missing values.

As for *.so files, they will *not* be compatible with 6.0.0 and will
need to be regenerated. For more info on this, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml#WRAPITcode

--Mary