Re: Overlay problem in polar projection

From: David Bailey <dbailey_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 21:20:23 MDT

Hi Detelina,

These diagnostic messages are from NCL 5.1 and before I believe. Using 5.2 and
later should make them go away.

Dave

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble to overlay several contours in polar projection (script
> attached).
> I turned off the thick marks for the second plot, used the ‘tfDoNDCOverlay’,
> but still getting errors that some resources are not valid, such as:
>
> (0) ice_meltb.win.nao_diff
> (0) starting 1st contour +vector plot
> warning:tmXBBorderOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmXBOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmXTBorderOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmXTOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmYLBorderOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmYLOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmYRBorderOn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmYROn is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:tmYLMinorLengthF is not a valid resource in
> ice_meltb.win.nao_diff_contour.PlotManager at this time
> warning:NhlGetValues:Error retrieving tmYLMinorLengthF
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 1814 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
>
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 7016 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
>
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 10180 in file
> $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl
>
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 191
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated,
> Detelina.

David A Bailey                                                      email:
dbailey_at_ucar.edu
National Center for Atmospheric Research   phone: 303-497-1737
PO Box 3000                                                           fax  :
303-497-1700
Boulder, CO 80307-3000
             http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/oce/dbailey