Re: good u and v, vector plot empty

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2011 - 15:57:00 MDT

Hi Paula,

You can't do triangular mesh transformations with vector data, so maybe this is part of the issue. Try not setting trGridType at all to see what happens.

Otherwise, when there's an issue with data not showing up on a map, it's usually because the lat/lon coordinates haven't been specified, or they've been specified but they are not over the part of the plot you're looking at.

You said the code was working for gsn_csm_contour_map, but not gsn_csm_vector_map, so the first thing I would check is that both u and v that you are passing to gsn_csm_vector_map have the lat2d/lon2d attached. It's not enough to just attach them to u.

Second, of course, is make sure your u/v arrays aren't all missing!

If none of this helps, then it will help if I can see your full script and data.

--Mary