Re: Parallel NCL

From: Seifert Axel <Axel.Seifert_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 14 2011 - 02:44:06 MDT

Great that somebody is working on a parallel NCL!

A short wish list:

- Parallel addfile that can read distributed datasets from multiple NetCDF and stitch them together
- Slow NCL functions that I use a lot are pdfxy, local_min, local_max and, of course, the dim_avg, dim_sum, etc.
- WRAPIT with OpenMP or something similar would be great.
- Plotting itself can also be slow for complicated fields on grids larger than 1000x1000

Currently the large single datasets are about 2000x2000x200, but growing. And I also have problems with several 100 files with 500x500x50 each.

OSs are AIX, Linux, MacOS with a broad range of hardware.

Best regards, Axel