Re: extraction of data using shapefile

From: <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 21 2011 - 14:26:57 MDT

Hi Debasish,

It looks like that shapefile includes the boundaries for the Andaman
and Nicobar islands, and those are getting mixed in with the
continental boundary. I'm uncertain as to why this is the case, or
how to avoid it, but if you post or send me your script, I'll take a
look. As an aside, one trick I often use is to select the polygon
from the shapefile that has the largest area, and use only it for
drawing and/or masking.

Rick