Re: interpolation question

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2011 - 09:50:45 MDT

The data are quite sparse.

It may be best to analyze the anomalies rather than the total field.
A Barnes/Cressman style analysis may be appropriate.

You might look at the following although it can be slow.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/obj_anal_ic_deprecated.shtml

    opt = True

    opt@zonal = True
or
    opt@guess = (/ sst(...) /)

; sst is (say) a climatology appropriate for the day or month of the
observations.