Re: fatal:ut_inv_calendar: Invalid specification string

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2011 - 09:28:09 MDT

On Jul 28, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Robert Schuster wrote:

> Hello Mary,
>
>> ncl -V
> 6.0.0
>> which ncl
> ~/local/ncarg/bin/ncl
>> ncargpath udunits
> /usr/share/ncarg/udunits
>
> Ok, I see the problem: there is on old NCL installation on this system, and it looks like the udunits from the old installation is used. But I don't know why, $NCARG_ROOT is pointing to the new installation.

That's why I asked you to type:

  env | grep NCARG

If you have any environment variables like NCARG_NCARG set to /usr/share/ncarg, then that's your problem.

You need to make sure that the only thing you have set is NCARG_ROOT. It looks like you probably have this set correctly (should be ~/local/ncarg).

The /usr/share/ncarg path is from a Linux disitrbution of NCL that somebody else created, and I think it sets NCARG_NCARG for you.

--Mary