Retrieve x,y locations of specific contour?

From: <Maurice.McHugh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 17 2011 - 11:46:55 MDT

Hello all,

I have a plot with 1's and 0's... wet and dry. What I am trying to do is figure out the location of the largest contiguous wet area per time period.

What I think I need to do: use an unknown function to return x and y coordinates of a polygons bounding contiguous wet areas and then use those sets of polygon points with gc_inout to count the number of grid points per polygon.

The question then is: what is the function I need to use to obtain the x,y coordinates of the polygons????

I've been looking through the various spline and other contouring functions and don't see how I can get the actual points x,y or lat,lon coordinates for the polygons.

Thanks for any assistance!

Maurice