Re: Fw: skewT

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 29 2011 - 14:30:33 MDT

As you programmed it,

   [snip]
   if (isatt(localOpts,"xpWind")) then
       xpWind = skewtx (localOpts@xpWind , skewty(1013.) )
   else
       xpWind = skewtx (45. , skewty(1013.) ) ; location of wind barb
   end if
   xpWind = 60 ; < ==== sets a hard-wired 60

is incorrect. Do not use this

The code shows the xpWind variable is the result
of a function call.

====
The original ncl-talk suggestion was to set the attribute

   dataOpts@xpWind =42 ; default=45

prior to calling the skew-T function. [dataOpts becomes localOpts]

This is discussed in the documentation at:
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/skewt.shtml

===
  If your are going to change the skewT code change

    xpWind = skewtx (60. , skewty(1013.) )