Re: Documentation for fbindirread and fbinrecread

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2011 - 09:23:00 MDT

No the "dir" do *not* have fortran record markers.

The doc will be changed.

THX

On 08/26/2011 09:18 AM, Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had a question about the HTML documentation for fbindirread() and
> fbinrecread(). In particular, I was wondering if the "Caveat"
> section for fbindiread() is correct:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/fbindirread.shtml
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/fbinrecread.shtml
>
> The "Caveat" section of both pages talks about the length of Fortran
> record markers.
>
> Don't Fortran record markers only apply to the sequential access files
> read by fbinrecread() ? The direct access files read by fbindirread()
> do not contain record markers, do they ?
>
> Thanks, Bruce

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |