Re: can not display the tick mark in the graph

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 11:05:14 MDT

The problem is that you've set vpWidthF to 0.9, which doesn't leave room for other elements outside the plot to stay on the page.

The vpWidthF resource applies only to the actual box of the plot, and not all the tickmarks, tickmark labels, titles, labelbar, etc that might be outside the plot.

To fix this, you can leave vpHeightF and vpWidthF alone, but uncomment the line:

; res@gsnMaximize = True

Setting gsnMaximize = True will tell NCL to maximize the plot for the frame, which effectively will resize it so that all the elements fit inside the unit square.

--Mary