Re: shapefile over contour

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2011 - 09:33:51 MDT

Hi Fernando,

The reason why your shapefile doesn't fit your map is that the map limits you selected are hard-coded, and you should probably use the limits of the lat/lon data in the shapefile.

It might be best to combine the function that attaches the polylines with code that creates the map plot. This way, you can get the min/max lat/lon from the shapefile and use this for the map.

The line around the edge of your plot is the map perimeter. You can turn this off by setting mpPerimOn to False.

Please see the attached *untested* modification of your script.

--Mary