Regridding POP gx1v6 resolution data

From: Scott Capps <scapps_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2011 - 23:07:26 MDT

Greetings,

I am trying to regrid CESM1 POP output from the ESG at gx1v6 resolution
to match the 0.5x0.5 degree resolution of the Simple Ocean Data
Assimilation Model (SODA). My purpose is not for plotting. I intend to
perturb the SODA data with POP differences so, they need to be on the
same grid at all levels. Since I am interested in regridding all
levels, I would like to use NCL example #4 on the POP regrid webpage:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/pop2lat_4.ncl

So, I need to generate a weight file using the SCRIP routine. However,
I cannot locate the input grid file for this particular grid that SCRIP
requires. I have contacted the CESM folks but, they have not
responded. Further, I have not located any weight files for these
resolutions as listed on:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/popwgtfiles.shtml

Thank you,

Scott