Re: On Memory Allocation mac

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2011 - 10:38:36 MDT

Hi,

You do not need to manually deallocate memory -- it is reclaimed automatically when NCL terminates.

If you are reading really large datasets into memory, its likely that your machine is having to swap to disc the memory from other running applications, and the machine may behave sluggishly after NCL terminates while and until the memory-pages for those apps are swapped back in. However, that should be only very temporarily, not much more than a minute or so. Is that what you are experiencing?

Rick