Re: Maximum number of curves in xy plot.

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 08:37:34 MDT

Dear Nadeem,

Dave Brown may want to add more to this, but I think you are getting these warnings because if you turn on the automatic legend, it's trying to tell you that a legend with 256+ items is not going to be feasible.

I'm not sure why you are getting the warnings if you did not turn on the legend, but you might try this to see if the warnings go away:

   res@pmLegendDisplayMode = "NoCreate"

I don't think this is going to help, but you should be able to ignore the warnings regardless.

If the warnings are annoying, you can turn them off by adding the following code near the top of your script:

  err = NhlGetErrorObjectId()
  setvalues err
    "errLevel" : "Fatal" ; only report Fatal errors
  end setvalues

Note that this will turn off *all* warning messages, so you want to be careful with this.

[I see you got your second question answered.]

--Mary