Re: lambert conformal coordinates

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 13:32:00 MDT

Micah,

Does the data set come with coordinate variables containing the lats
and lons? I have found that it is often easier to find the target
point in the coordinate arrays, rather than implementing the
transformation equations.

This is also a standardized approach where the same search code will
usually work with any map projection, provided that coordinates are
included with the data set. HTH.

--Dave