Fatal error when trying to open a .ncl script

From: Catalina Oaida <oaidac_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 14:22:21 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to run a script in ncl but I get an error as soon as I open ncl
and try to run it. For example, I open ncl, then type ncl test.ncl, and
immediately get an error (fatal:syntax error: line 0 before or near test).
See below. I am attaching the test.ncl script for reference. Could someone
tell me why this happens? Does it have to do with setting environments?

The strange thing is it worked earlier in the morning, ran the script with
no problems, it produced a figure and everything, and I am not sure what
happened but all of a sudden I get this error. Can someone help? Thanks.

 Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0> ncl test.ncl
fatal:syntax error: line 0 before or near test
ncl test
-------^

fatal:error in statement

--