Re: Problem with WRAPIT

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Oct 31 2011 - 11:27:38 MDT

Dear Manish,

Whenever I see a huge number in the "expected elements" error coming out of WRAPIT, I immediately suspect that it's due to using the 6.0.0 version of NCL with a *.so file that was compiled with an older version of WRAPIT.

To check that you are using the ncl and WRAPIT that come with Version 6.0.0, type the following:

   ncl -V
   WRAPIT

The above two commands should echo:

6.0.0
WRAPIT Version: 110125
ERROR: NO ARGUMENTS
For help: WRAPIT -h | less

Then, type:

   which ncl
   which WRAPIT
   which wrapit77

The above three commands should all report the same directory path, like:

/usr/local/bin/ncl
/usr/local/bin/WRAPIT
/usr/local/bin/wrapit77

The other thing you should check is that you don't have WRAPIT or wrapit77 aliased to something:

alias | grep WRAPIT
alias | grep wrapit77

If you do all of this and it's not clear what the problem is or how to fix it, please send an email to ncl-talk@ucar.edu (you are now subscribed).

--Mary