Re: SVD: Warning all Y values in column are missing or are constant

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 10:55:25 MDT

Ivanna,

I believe this error message is telling that across some column (rightmost dimension) of "p2d", all your values are either constant or missing.

To test for this (note that I'm checking the leftmost dimension, because you reorder it later):

p2d_dims = dimsizes(p2d) ; I assume this is time x p1d

ntim = p2d_dims(0)
np1d = p2d_dims(1)

do i=0,np1d-1
  pmin = min(p2d(:,i))
  pmax = max(p2d(:,i))
  if(pmin.eq.pmax) then
    print("p2d contains all constant values at np1d = " + i)
  end if
end do

--Mary