WRF_SLP and WRF_INTERP_1d documentation

From: Capehart, William J <William.Capehart_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 03 2011 - 01:02:09 MDT

I have a question about the vertical interpolations used in the WRF_SLP
and WRF_INTERP_1D functions.

Specifically, by which method of extrapolating temperature for the
hypsometric ride down to sea level does it use. (e.g.,
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/unr/?n=mslp)

Similary, I am assuming that the WRF_INTERP_1D uses a straight linear
interpolation (as the documentation says) and does so by presuming that
the grid spacing in the vertical make such an approach "safe" as compared
for example do using the classic isobaric levels we get in traditional
GRIB products (1000, 975, 950, 925, 900, 850, 800, 750, 700Š)

Also could this information be provided in the online manual pages at
www.ncl.ucar.edu? That stuff comes in handy!

Thankymuch
Bill