Re: How to remove the Field title and Unit label when using wrf_contour?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 16 2011 - 14:14:01 MST

Hi,

I couldn't approve your original request, because it had a large file attached to it.

However, I think I can answer this without needing the file.

You can try either deleting or resetting the "units" and "description" attributes of your data:

tgain@description = ""
tgain@units = ""

or (this might be better so you don't get unwanted white space where the title would be):

delete(tgain@description)
delete(tgain@units)

Another possible way, is when you call wrf_map_overlays, is to set the special "NoTitles" attribute to True:

pltres = True
mapres = True
pltres@NoTitles = True
. . .
plot = wrf_map_overlays(f,wks,(/plot1,plot2.,.../),pltres,mapres)

I've CC'ed wrfhelp@ucar.edu, as they may have a better idea of how to do this.

--Mary