Re: how to create a pressure-height-vector plot?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 16 2011 - 09:08:28 MST

Madeleine,

What does your variable currently look like? Please do a

   printVarSummary(x)

where "x" is your variable name. Does it already have coordinate arrays?

If not, look at h_lat_1.ncl on the pressure/height page. It shows how to add coordinate arrays to the "psi" variable.
[You can ignore the vinth2p and zonal_mpsi calls on that page.]

Note that to do this, you must have 1D arrays for the coordinate arrays that you want to attach to your variable, and they
must be the same length as the dimension that you're attaching it to.

If you have 2D pressure/longitude values, then this is a different situation.

--Mary