Re: convert ascii to netcdf

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 09:08:37 MST

Please look at the "Reading ASCII data" page for several examples:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/read_ascii.shtml

The "asc6.txt" example is probably the one closest to your data.

Then, to write to a NetCDF file, see the "output netcdf" page:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/o-netcdf.shtml

Since your dataset is pretty simple, you can get away with using the
simple, but inefficient method (method 1).

--Mary