Re: how to avoid the warming messages in the example of lcmask_4.ncl

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 11:16:40 MST

Guangshan,

I couldn't reproduce this problem, so I'm guessing you are not using the dataset that comes with this example.

You are getting these warnings because an unexpected type is being passed to an NCL function.

To help figure out which function is the problem, temporarily comment out the main "begin" and "end" lines in your code, and run it with the "-x" option.

   ncl -x lcmask_4.ncl

This will echo every line as it is executed, and you should be able to see which function or procedure is the problem.

Once you have this information, please email ncl-talk again and let me know which line is producing the warnings.

Thanks,

--Mary