2 dimensional running local area average

From: Stephan Matthiesen <info_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2011 - 01:40:25 MST

Hello,

I'm looking for a function that can calculate running local area
averages, i.e. for each point xi,yi the average of all points xj,yj that
are within n gridpoints of xi,yi.

That is essentially a 2-d version of runave. Is there a function that
does that?

I thought perhaps one of the regridding functions might do that.
area_hi2lores is getting close to what I need, but it averages only when
reducing the grid, while I need it for the original grid resolution.

Are there any functions that help, or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks a lot in advance
Stephan

--
Stephan Matthiesen